Friday, July 25, 2014

Annual Post-2014

So, one post a year, that's good enough, right? You'll have to excuse the fact that there are currently no recent pictures of Kevin. We are still one family unit:) I just have computer issues our family photos that include him are on another computer.  My plan is to do a quick update on each of the kids, so for this post, I'll try to do a quick family update and what is going on in my life. (Although if you are one of the few that reads this blog, or if you are a FB friend, it won't be anything new.) I'll try to keep it fairly short and not too dramatic.

Well, obviously, we moved. It was, and still is, really hard...mostly just for me. I had no idea that it would affect me as much as it has, but it's slowly getting better, and I know that it was the right decision for our family. However, patience isn't one of my greatest strengths, and I'd really just like for things to start here the way they ended after ten years in Tulsa.  I stayed home last fall, which was a challenge, but I was busy enough between getting the kids settled, getting the house decorated and then the holiday season rolled around, so it was nice to have a little extra time on my hands. Lincoln and I enjoyed a lot of one on one time and he went to a mother's day out two days a week. I knew I wasn't ready to go back to work full time, but definitely needed something to occupy a little more of my time. I crave structure and routine and that just wasn't happening. Anyway, a part-time job opportunity came up at OC, that offered me a lot of flexibility, so I started there in April. I was still able to be here when the kids got on the bus, I was home when they got home, and Lincoln started going to a small Christian school for full day PreK. It's perfect for now. Working in the summer is something that is definitely new to me, but it's working out for now, and I did manage to negotiate Mondays and Fridays off, so I can't complain too much. (I am aware that most people actually work every day all summer, but I'm spoiled by the calendar of a teacher, so it's new for me.) We've found a church home, and we are still trying to figure out our roles there, but look forward to becoming more involved with our congregation. I enrolled in graduate school for the fall, so I'm excited to begin that journey. I'm also a little scared, it's been a while since I've been in school, but it's something I should have done a long time ago. So, that's pretty much sums things up for now. Can't believe it's been a year.

1 comment:

Spashop said...

Приветики! Хотелось бы открыть парикмахерскую, ищу любую полезную информацию для написания бизнес плана. Может у кого-то есть опыт в таком бизнесе? Сейчас большой выбор оборудования для парикмахерских и салонов красоты. Выбираю между компаниями Lampa-lupa.pl, Myjka-ultradzwiekowa.pl, Massage-service.com.ua, skpel Newface beauty, Магазин Спашоп .В таком количестве информации самой разобраться тяжело( Скажите где дешево купить оборудование для парафинотерапии?