Wednesday, February 15, 2012

LuLu

So, we got a dog. Her name is LuLu. If you know me at all, I know what you are thinking. For those of you that don't, it would be an understatement to say that I am not a fan indoor pets, or any pets for that matter. Or, maybe I'm just not a fan of extra work and another expense. Any way you look at it, it's just not me. However, I suppose there comes a time in every family's life when they need a pet. My girls have been pretty much afraid of any living thing from birth, so they haven't pressed us too hard for a pet, with the exception of the hermit crab disaster that is. Lincoln, on the other hand, loves animals. Kevin thought he needed a dog. Kevin's parents did too, so when they were here for a visit a few weeks ago, we headed to the pet store on adoption day with the intention of coming home with a dog, and the girls had their hearts set on this little thing. She is tiny enough for them to not be afraid, and she never made a sound the whole time we were in the store. She is two years old, so we thought that may be a little better than a puppy in hopes that she wouldn't chew up everything in the house and that she would be potty trained. So far, she hasn't chewed up anything, not so sure about the potty training. It's been rather inconsistent to say the least. So, I suppose our adventure as pet owners has begun. We'll see how it goes.

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! When I read the first line, I seriously checked to make sure I was reading YOUR blog. She's adorable!!
-Wendy Lee