Friday, February 24, 2012

Be Mine

Well, well, well, wouldn't you know I'm posting about Valentine's Day two weeks late. At least I still made it within the month. That's success in my book:) Anyway, I generally am not a huge fan of Valentine's Day, mostly because Kevin is always working crazy hours and things at home are out of whack. However, I decided this year we were going to have a fun night regardless. Kevin and I celebrated on the Saturday before, so it was a family Valentine's night at our house. I had this genius idea that I would decorate the house before the kids got home from school, make the family favorite breakfast for dinner, and make some yummy treats for us all to indulge in that night. Well, due to my procrastination, I wasted away the day and had nothing done when the kids arrived home. (this should be a post all it's own of how I can't manage time when I actually have it) Anyway, it threw me off schedule, and I was in a frantic mood trying to get everything ready for the perfect evening. I may have raised my voice a time or two and I may have made a lot of unnecessary demands of my children. Thankfully, they are resilient, and I was able to pull myself together, and we had a great evening. Maybe not the perfect evening I had planned in my head, but good nonetheless. I had gone to buy Kevin some chocolate covered strawberrries at Godiva earlier in the day, and a box of 6 was $50! I thought that was insane, especially since I had ingredients to make my own at home, so we made our own. They're not as pretty, but they were all eaten, so they must have at least tasted good.

And then, I made these neopolitan cupakes that I found the recipe for on pinterest. They were good. Really good. They were also actually really easy unlike most things I've attempted.




Unfortunately the best picture of the two of us from the evening. It was a long day for both of us.




Lincoln posing with his favorite person in the world.

So, when it was all said and done, I was exhausted and grouchy, but I think I hid it fairly well (which is quite an accomplishment for me), and that it's safe to say, we enjoyed a few treats and that we will be looking forward to the day of love as it approaches again next year.

No comments: