Saturday, October 29, 2011

Lemonade and Cookies

Our neighborhood had it's garage sale this month, and for the first time, we were going to be home and able participate. I'm not a fan of having garage sales because I usually can't get myself together enough, but now that I am not working, I thought it may be worth a try. The girls asked all summer long to do a lemonade stand,and I wouldn't let them because we don't live on a very busy street, and I didn't want to sit out there all day. So I thought the garage sale would be a good opportunity for their entrepreneurial spirits to get to work. They sold cookies and lemonade,and sold out of both. But really,who could resist those cute, sleepy faces and messy haired little girls? They had a great time making posters for their stand and serving the customers. They each walked away with about $20 and couldn't have been happier!




No comments: