Friday, October 23, 2009

A Bad Idea....

Agreeing to chaperone a kindergarten field trip to the pumpkin patch with an infant on the most freezing day of the year was indeed a bad idea. I feel that I'm pretty well aware of things that will stress me out and I usually try to plan accordingly. However, sometimes I let what I want to do get the best of me. Skylar actually wanted me to go on the field trip with her, and considering that I teach, this opportunity doesn't come along very often. So, I couldn't resist. I don't know why, but I didn't ask anyone to keep Lincoln. Thank heavens he is an amazing baby, and just goes with the flow as long as he is fed, but at the patch, it's not like I could put him in a stroller or do anything with him besides hold him. I'm sure the teachers and every other parent thought I was a complete idiot and a useless addition to the group as the saw me show up with a baby bundle, but somehow it managed to work. No one wandered away from my group (of course, I had an easy group thanks to the teacher), and I even got a few pics of Skylar on her first field trip. I overheard a mom saying she forgot her camera, so I told her she could use mine to take pics of her kid if she would snap a few of mine considering I didn't have a free hand. Under most circumstances, I probably wouldn't have begged someone to take pics for me, but there was no way I was going to spend an entire day lugging a baby around in the freezing cold and not come back with a picture. So, here you go, Skylar with her kindergarten class on her first ever field trip! Mrs. Goss's Kindergarten class
Skylar with her friend watching the video presentation
Milking a cow


Riding the tire swing horses



On the hayride

The perfect pumpkins

post signature

2 comments:

Shannon Koeninger said...

You win mom of the year, for sure!

Lesley said...

it doesn't matter that you couldn't help out, it matters that your sweet girl had you there with her to see her enjoy the day! Glad you were able to go with her!