Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Lincoln's First Day

Well Lincoln started the Mother's Day Out/Preschool program at our church yesterday. I knew it was coming for a while, but I was totally not prepared. Of course, maybe I didn't think too much about considering he went to full time daycare in the past. Nonetheless, it was a bit of a rushed day as I kept thinking of things I had forgotten to do. It was a classic case of the third child neglect. His backpack is what I have been using as a diaper bag, I forgot completely about him needing a lunch pail and lunch for that matter, and it was a wonder there was a single thing clean for me to throw on him. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a lunch pail AFTER Labor Day weekend? Thankfully, there was ONE in Wal-Mart, and thankfully it was Toy Story as opposed to Princesses. And, I managed to find some pre-packaged unhealthy food to throw in there as well. Anyway, he went in without hesitation. I am pretty sure since the girls started school he's been lost and a little bored with me at home. The sight of little kids and toys other than his own, I'm sure were extremely appealing. (note: he likes this hat, A LOT! you will see it in lots of pictures, but it beats the princess crown he's been wearing around all summer) As for myself, I had a trunk show, and an event last night, so it was a busy day. However, today after dropping him off I came home and got busy on my to do list. It is AMAZING what one can accomplish when there are no distractions and interruptions. Not that I accomplished anything amazing, but I felt like I could have had I tried very hard. (Don't worry, I did tackle a few things.)


post signature