Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Few Funnies

Once again, the girls have done and said a few things lately that have made me laugh, so I thought I'd jot them down so I won't forget them.

First of all, last night when I got home from work, I was exhausted, so I laid down on the couch and apparently dozed off. As I was snoozing, Londyn must have made several phone calls on my phone. She woke me up when the phone actually rang and it was my friend Faith. Faith asked if I just tried to call her, I said no, and didn't think much more about it. I actually ended up going to bed shortly thereafter. Then, I got a couple of text messages today from people asking me if I tried to call them. When I got to my meeting this afternoon, one of the ladies let me know that she got a phone call from Londyn last night and could hear she and Skylar talking. Thankfully everyone had a good sense of humor about it and didn't get upset, but please know if you got a random phone call from my phone last night and no one actually spoke to you, I'm sorry.

As we were eating dinner tonight this was a conversation Skylar and I had:

Skylar: The baby still looks small. (as she looks at my stomach)
Me: I'm glad you think so, it would be bad if it were big already.
Skylar: It's like Miss Sararose (a preschool teacher at their school who just had a baby)
Me: Really, did Miss Sararose's baby every get big?
Skylar: Yes, but Miss Sararose is skinny.
Me: Oh, what are you trying to say?
Skylar: I mean she is really skinny.
Me: So, what are you trying to say about me?
Skylar: Well, you are really medium.
Me: Whew, I'll take medium. Right now, I will be really happy about medium.

Shortly after we found out we were expecting, we were in the car having a conversation about the house and how we were planning to arrange things. Skylar has been wanting to move into her own room for quite some time now. We are in the process of redecorating their room, so she thought it was a perfect time to bring up the idea of her own room again. I informed her that we would have to put a baby in that room now so she and Londyn would have to continue to share. Londyn as usual hears parts of the conversation and gets things slightly confused. She quickly asks "Is Skylar getting married?". She thought Skylar was having the baby. Apparently she knows you should be married to have a baby, but it hasn't sunk in that you should be older than the ripe old age of 5.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

i'd be happy with medium too...and i'm not even pregnant.

loved the "is skylar getting married" comment...that's classic.

Melinda said...

I too would be thrillled with "medium". Your girls are always so entertaining.