Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Monday, April 26, 2010
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Thursday, April 22, 2010
I'm learning a few things about boys, or at least learning what I don't know. I don't know what to do with his hair. When you have girls, you just plop a big ol' bow on their head and go, but with a boy, I have no idea. He has a big patch on the top that looks a bit like a comb over, but I don't know if you cut it, spike it, or what. Therefore, I do nothing with it, and it remains looking a bit dorky. I'm also feeling a bit of remorse for showing no empathy in the past to my friends with boys. I've always heard how small of a selection there is when it comes to clothes for boys, but never really gave it much thought because I was busy buying all the adorable girl clothes I could get could get my hands on. Now, I'm struggling to find boy clothes. They all end up looking the same, and I find myself getting frustrated trying to sift through the girl clothes to find the miniscule section of boy clothes.
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Monday, April 12, 2010
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Today is Kevin's 31st Birthday! In honor of his birthday, I've decided to post 31 reasons I love and/or appreciate him, so here goes... (this is going to be long, sorry about that)
1. His first priority in life is to serve God, and his attitude and actions speak to this daily.
2. He is a great dad to our children.
3. He has become a good leader within our family, our church and his job.
4. He helps out around the house without being asked, without complaining, and has actually learned to complete household chores with quality.
5. He helps take care of the kids.
6. He has acquired a good sense of fashion.
7. He understands my need to shop and occasionally gives in.
8. He appreciates (or at least pretends to) the fact that I like to spend time and money decorating our house.
9. His laid back personality compliments my not so laid back personality.
10. He helps me bring in the groceries without being asked.
11. He makes me laugh.
12. He is patient.
13. He will eat anything I put in front of him and never says a negative word about it.
14. He lets me have all the "me" time I need, and never really asks for any of his own.
15. He doesn't call me when I'm out asking when I will be home.
16. He has good taste in music.
17. He's always striving to improve himself in all areas of life.
18. He willingly goes to visit my family whenever I want or need to go.
19. He plays with the kids like I never could.
20. He's always nice to other people.
21. When we watch a movie together, he always let's me watch a romantic comedy if I want to.
22. I think he's pretty cute. (Maybe he would prefer I say handsome, hot....whatever, you get the idea)
23. He's not picky about anything which makes him the easiest person to shop for on everyone's Christmas list.
24. He will go shopping with me.
25. He drives like a grandpa, so I always feel safe when we're on the road.
26. He puts our needs and wants ahead of his own.
27. He can't sleep through the sound of a crying baby, so most of the time, it's him who had to get up in the middle of the night.
28. When he's at home he is usually making good use of his time. He tries to avoid doing things that annoy me.
29. He is nice to me even when I'm fat and moody.
30. He rarely ever gets upset or angry with anyone.
31. I love that he's going to enjoy reading all these great things about himself so much that he won't even notice that I didn't get him a real present yet!
Happy 31st Birthday Kevin!